Monday, August 8, 2011

Did this just happen?

With Elle leaving Match.com and me having more free time, I'm committing to providing a more detailed play-by-play of my Match experience so that those of you who haven't dabbled in online dating can see what you are (and by that I mean aren't) missing.

Got this gem today: 

Subject: "Sup?"
How's it going? My name is Shawn, nice to meet you. I like what you wrote on your profile, pretty cool.  So whats your favorite band/artist, food , restaurant, desert, movie, color? I thought I'd ask those basic questions.  My favorite band right now would have to be 30 seconds to Mars. Lately Ive like potatoes made any way. "Which Which" is a good sandwich place. Spite mix with homemade strawberries and vanilla is awesome. My favorite movie would have to be Speed. My car is silver so I think silver is cool.
Don't be shy, message me back ;)

Normally I let this kind of shit slide, but I'm going to call him out on everything ridiculous he mentioned (I hope Match doesn't have an email character limit).  How many other women did he send this exact message to?  How many of them responded?  Did he read it before hitting "send" (is there even a point in asking that one?).  Does he always spell his favorite sandwich place incorrectly?  Is the Atacama his favorite desert, too?  Ive like potatoes not at all.  

For what it's worth, I do agree with him: spite mix with homemade strawberries and vanilla is awesome... revenge is a dish best served sticky sweet.

-Miss Matched
PS - what the fuck is a homemade strawberry?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment